Seattle City Initiative Seeks to Make Net Neutrality Law
I am lead organizer behind Seattle Initiative Measure 103 http://www.i103.org which will end corporate personhood in Seattle and elevate the rights of residents above corporate rights.
Three things you can do right now:
2) Collect petition signatures from your friends and family
3) RSVP for our Kickoff Party March 29th in the University District
What Measure 103 will do in Seattle:
- End corporate personhood and limit corporate rights
- Ban corporate spending on elections
- Ban corporate lobbying except in public forums
- Close the revolving door of employment between elected officials and large corporations
- Provide citizen oversight of the Seattle Police Department
- Provide constitutional rights for workers
- Provide neighborhoods the right to approve major zoning changes
- Provide rights for nature
- Provide equal access to a free and open Internet, known as network neutrality
Our efforts in Seattle are part of an emerging statewide and national movement to place peoples' rights above corporate rights.