Hey Microsoft, where's my free laptop?
Since I heard that you're giving out free laptops to bloggers who write about you, I'd like to ask, "Where's my laptop?"
I've written a lot about the company this year:
- Just this month, I wrote about how magnanimous it is of your company to advertise on postings that talk about how much people hate you.
- I've even been writing about Zune in time for the holiday shopping season - did any of those bloggers you sent laptops write about Zune?
- In November, I wrote about how you're "supporting" the new SiteMap protocol standard with Google and Yahoo - sort of
- In August, I wrote about IE7's failure to implement CSS standards despite your commitment to standards. This story even got mirrored on Slashdot. Apparently, my story was so important one of your Windows Directors called Paul Thurrott on vacation in France to blog about it - I bet Paul got a laptop.
- In May, I wrote about your "Innovate Don't Replicate" t-shirts. By the way, this payola thing with the laptops - it's not innovative - been done before.
- In April, I wrote about your appearance on The Daily Show
- In February, I wrote about why your employees can't innovate anymore.
I guess I have been writing less about you than in 2004 with Citizen Microsoft and Microsoft's Sacred Cash Cow but did you see - just last week - a Seattle Weekly reader wrote in to complement me two years later!
So, what do you say? Instead of an Acer Ferrari, could I have one of these? I hear it runs Windows.